Try to resist licking out the bowl or churn attachment. Remember that tongues stick to frozen metal and your face will be covered with ice cream. Just saying.
- 4 ripe (not overripe, still yellow but getting some freckles) bananas
- ½ to ¾ cups granulated sugar (I use ½)
- ½ tsp. True Lime (lime juice or grated lime peel will work)
- 1 tsp. Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (or your favourite kind)
- 2 cups (500ml) 10% organic cream (pure cream, no additives)
- Freeze your ice cream attachment freezer bowl.
- Add your bananas that you have squished by hand (the best utensils EVER) so that you still have some chunks. Add the cream, lime powder and sugar to the frozen bowl. Process according to your manufacturer's instructions. I have a Kitchen Aid attachment and I processed it for 25- 30 minutes.
- Your ice cream will be at a soft serve stage at this point and at least doubled in volume. Place in a glass or plastic bowl and cover with Saran Wrap. Freeze 2 to 6 hours until hard.