Wednesday, August 17, 2016 is our next guild meeting. And it’s going to be a fun one!
There is no official sponsor this month so we will have a sugar flower session for the entire meeting. And it’s a perfect choice for the really hot weather we have been having. Sandra Spataro of Gâteau Prestige will be our guest tutor.
These will be wired and unwired to let us try both ways.
- 22g white or green wires
- wire cutters, needle-nose pliers
- 5 petal cutters, succulent cutters or the Wilton Succulent cutter set(if you have them)
- flower formers similar to these (if you have them) or cotton balls, and foil
- small, sharp scissors
- green 1/4″ floral tape (or you can cut the regular size)
- light green or blue (or both) gum paste – 2 or 3 large egg sized pieces
- colours- light blues, greens, aubergine, plum, white (your favourites)
- rolling pin
- dresden tool
- ball tool- M/L
- exacto knife
- foam pad
- plastic petal protector/flap board/saran to cover WIP
- grooved board or just a flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- plastic beer cups to hold the formers
- container to take them home
This is what we made last time. Aren’t they pretty?
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville