You add a few simple ingredients to a box mix and all of a sudden you have a cake you can be proud of.
You can decorate it because the density is good, you can torte it, fill it, serve it just as is or decorate it to your hearts content. It makes a good cake for stacking, you can adjust the flavours to suit and everyone will love it.
I hand this recipe out to my Wilton students when they take Building Buttercream Skills. They love it. I know you will too.
- 1⅓ cup water
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Wilton meringue powder
- ¼ cup instant Jell-O pudding powder
- 1 cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- Mix all ingredients for 3 minutes on high regular mixer, med-high table mixer.
- Use wet baking strip around side of pan. Lightly grease sides and bottom of pan.
- Bake at 325ºF for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until done (check earlier at 1 hour).