A family favourite for over 10 years. Also excellent for tiered wedding cakes that will knock everyone’s socks off.
I’ve made this so many times I should have a picture. It disappears so fast, it seems I never got one.
- 1¼ c all purpose flour +2 tbsp
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ dark cocoa powder
- ½ c unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 ripe bananas, about 1½ c mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ c sour cream (14%)
- ½ c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ almonds- chopped & toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F for regular oven or 325F convection.
- Grease sides and bottoms of 2- 6 in round pans with Pan Grease.
- In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and the cocoa powder.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until it's light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add bananas and vanilla at a low speed.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture, combine, ½ sour cream, combine and so on ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide batter into the two pans.
- Bake 45 min or until done. Do not overbake.
- Cool on racks 10 - 15 min and then remove from the pans and cool on the racks completely.
Also makes delicious cupcakes.