Wednesday, April 21, 2018 is our next guild meeting.
Well, it’s been nice and spring began. My tulips are a few inches out of the ground, there are some green patches on the grass and yet there are snowflakes in the air. Gah!
We have two things to do this month. We will be making Stephanotis flowers that are perfect for wedding cakes and filler flowers. We are also revisiting a lovely cake by Becky Scharman. She has generously given us a tutorial for making the fan on the top of the cake. Isn’t it gorgeous? Thanks Becky!
Bring the following and have some fun:
Supplies for the Fan and the flowers:
- gum paste or fondant with tylose in your colour choice
- white gumpaste, small amount of green
- 12 x 12 inch card stock paper
- Rolling pin or pasta roller
- Decorations such as sugar lace, gum paste buttons or brooches
- cel board or firm work surface
- stephanotis cutters if you have them
- veining tool, ball tool, dresden tool
- assortment of wires- 24, 26, 28 g
- dusts in pale green, plum, yellow (just in case you get that far)
- styro block to hold you flowers
- also your basic gum paste tools such as glue, Crisco etc. and a box to take your tags home
Don’t forget that if you are missing a few items that we are always willing to share.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do.
It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like.
Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville