Wednesday, March 21, 2018 is our next guild meeting.
I see sun but we still have cold and snow. It can’t be long now until spring and the nice weather.
One of our guild members Susan Trianos has created a tutorial for some lovely gift tag decorations that you can use on cakes for many occasions.
Please keep in mind that the guild is always looking for member tutorials and we would love to showcase your talent at one of our meetings.
We also have a couple of treats to give away to paid members only. Thanks to Icing Inspirations for your generosity.
Bring the following and have some fun:
Supplies for the tags:
- gum paste or fondant with tylose in pale gray, white, pale pink and medium gray
- dry spaghetti (several pieces)
- Styrofoam cake dummy covered if you want to mount your tags
- xacto knife, dresden tool, small palette knife, stitching tool,
- rolling pin
- cel board or firm work surface
- small paint brushes
- vodka or clear alcohol
- gold lustre dust (also container to mix it with vodka in)
- also your basic gum paste tools such as glue, Crisco etc. and a box to take your tags home
Don’t forget that if you are missing a few items that we are always willing to share.
This is what we made last month. So cute!
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do.
It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like.
Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville