Wednesday, February 28, 2018 is our next guild meeting.
It’s the end of February already?????? Bring it on SPRING!!!!!!
One of our guild members has created a video tutorial for this little valentine bear and we will create our own bears that will ooze cuteness and love. Also I have an adorable bunny figure for Easter (April 1 this year) that we can work on alongside our bears.
Please keep in mind that the guild is always looking for member tutorials and we would love to showcase your talent at one of our meetings.
We also have a couple of treats to give away to paid members only. Thanks to Icing Inspirations for your generosity.
Bring the following and have some fun:
Supplies for the figure/s:
- 50/50 in white (tennis ball size or so), red (golf ball), pink (golf ball), black (sm golf ball)
- dry spaghetti (several pieces)
- styrofoam cake dummy (two if you have small ones)
- xacto knife, ball tool, dog bone tool, small palette knife, stitching tool, small cel pin, needle tool
- foam pad
- cel board or firm work surface
- also your basic gumpaste tools such as glue, crisco etc. and a box to take your figures home
Don’t forget that if you are missing a few items that we are always willing to share.
There are some new sugar paste recipes on the website under the Confectionery category and I will be adding more plus a post on how to use them all.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do.
It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like.
Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville