Wednesday, May 17, 2017 is our next guild meeting.
May is all about jam and jelly in cakes and icings. We have some jam, and some modelling tools to give away to a paid member at the end of the meeting. Bring your favourite tips for using jam as flavouring in cake and icing.
The May flowers are arriving! Of course all that rain (and flooding) has given us lush green grass, bright yellow dandelions and TULIPS! Woo hoo! And even though I don’t have any myself (I miss my bushes from CP), the lilacs will be open soon. Spring is really here and Summer is on it’s way.
So, we’ve done tulips and daffodils and lilacs are really only for people like me that want to make really tiny things with lots and lots of blossoms. What sugar flower can we make that won’t cause tears and stink eye looks? One of my other favourite flowers is the Morning Glory. We will be making the Moonflower variation. It blooms at nightfall AND in the morning. Bring on the trumpets!
Please bring the following and have some fun:
These will be wired.
- 24g white or green wires
- wire cutters, needle-nose pliers
- 1 1/2″ to 2″ circle cutters (or morning glory cutters if you have them)
- several sizes of small heart shape cutters- 1″ -2 1/2″
- small calyx cutter, a couple of sizes if you have them)
- oasis floral block and egg crate foam
- green 1/4″ floral tape in case you are ready to tape
- small mini white stamens if you have them
- palest, palest, palest yellow or white gum paste- 2 to 3″ ball
- light to medium citusy green gum paste – 2 to 3″ ball
- rolling pin
- needle tool, narrow cone tool, 5 cuts cone tool, dresden tool, smaller cel pins
- cel formers with deep centres if you have them
- ball tool- M/L
- exacto knife
- cel pad or a foam pad and a thick foam pad
- plastic petal protector/flap board/saran to cover WIP
- grooved board or just a flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container to take them home
I’ll have colours here. We need yellow, a pearl, medium green. I’m such an optimist. I have glaze and a steamer. If you can bring brushes, that would be great.
So here’s the garden- I want to bring them all inside but Kaydar won’t let me.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville