Wednesday, March 15, 2017 is our next guild meeting.
March is all about cookies! We have a cutter/mat set by Autumn Carpenter and a couple of stencils to give away to a paid member at the end of the meeting. Bring your favourite decorating cookie recipe (if you can share it), some cookies, icing etc. and have a couple of hours of fun. We will discuss pricing, packaging, recipes and how you can make your cookies special.
I’m sitting here looking out at the freezing rain and thinking that cookies might chase the blues away…
Bring the following and have some fun.
- 12 flat sugar type cookies for decorating (about 3 – 4″)(square or round)
- several ounces of fondant, your colour choice
- single recipe of stiff royal icing and colours if you like
- bowls or cups to mix colours
- 2 -6 piping bags
- tips 1, 1s, 2 or 3 (multiples of each if you have them)
- the cookie cutters you used to make the cookies
- small rolling pin
- small spatula
- stiletto or needle tool
- modelling tools like dresden, shell etc
- exacto knife or paring knife
- grooved board or just a flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container to take them home stored flat
Speaking of the blues and cookies- here is one of my favourite cakes that I’ve made and it was for a lucky 1 year old. The cupcake is regular size.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville