Say hello to 2017 Pantone Colour of the Year- Greenery
Well hello gorgeous!!! Is that not the most luscious green ever??? Can you tell I’m a green fan? And citrus greens? Woohoo! I see lots of greenery in my fabric and sugar products this year. And maybe even a gingerbread creation with a ton of it everywhere…
Wednesday, January 18, 2017 is our next guild meeting.
Can you believe it is 2017 already???
Artisan Accents has generously sponsored this month’s meeting.
Remember the gorgeous, high pigment colours that we tested last year from Prime Ingredients? Well this year Artisan Accents (one of their divisions) has sent a kit of highly concentrated flavourings for us to play with and ANOTHER set to give away at the end of the meeting to a paid member. Please bring some plain icing or fondant along with a few bowls so that you can test out the yumminess for yourself.*
*Please keep in mind these are promotional samples only. Bottles may not be sealed and there will be no ingredient list. When a product is being tested and they are looking for our feedback these things are not required. We are getting to see the product before it hits the shelves. So its an exciting thing for us!
Icing Inspirations has sent a set of the cutest frosted donut erasers to give away as part of a twoonie draw. I Do Cakes is throwing a surprise into the pot so bring $2 so you can enter.
So, it is kind of cold here (kind of cold??? who am I kidding???) and that green colour got me to thinking about tropical flowers. What better to cheer us up as we sit in our fake-fur lined undies, scarves and toques at this month’s meeting? Let’s make some Frangipanis. They are quick and easy to do for cakes and cupcakes. Please bring the following and have some fun:
These will be wired and unwired to let us try both ways.
- 22, 24g white or green wires
- wire cutters, needle-nose pliers
- petal cutters in a few sizes from 1/2 ” to 1 1/2″
- egg carton, cloud (polyester fluff or cotton balls)
- green 1/4″ floral tape (or you can cut the regular size
- white gum paste- 2 to 3″ ball
- light to medium green gum paste – 2 to 3″ ball
- colours- pinks, yellows, oranges, greens, aubergine, plum, white (your favourites)
- rolling pin
- dresden tool
- ball tool- M/L
- exacto knife
- foam pad and a thick foam pad if you have one
- plastic petal protector/flap board/saran to cover WIP
- grooved board or just a flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container to take them home
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville