Wednesday, November 16, 2016 is our next guild meeting.
And it’s going to be a fun one!
Katy Sue Designs and Icing Inspirations have generously sponsored this month’s meeting.
Katy Sue Designs has sent a mould from their Imaginative Craft and Cake Decorating Products line for us to play with and to give away at the end of the meeting. This is the Bunting Alphabet and it is a cutie pie set. Bunting on cakes are a big hit right now and there are tons of ways to use this mould. Bring some fondant with some tylose in it or 50/50 to give it a try.
Icing Inspirations has sent a set of Innovative Sugarworks Sugar Smoothers to give away to one lucky member as a bonus this month. Perfect for smoothing buttercream, ganache, fondant, marzipan and much more. (only paid members are eligible for draws)
And since we had so much fun last month making Crumb Avenue’s Halloween Bat, I thought we should give another tutorial a try. Since I have gingerbread on my mind this month I figured we need to make something to suit the season. Click on the picture to go to her website and check out the cutie pie gingerbread man (this one sits up). If you wish to make a different character, bring what you will need for that one and work along with us. You can print the tutorial, follow along on your phone or iPad or laptop here.
Please bring the following to make this Gingerbread treat if you wish to participate (and we hope you do!):
- 50/50 with a 1/4 tsp. of Tylose/CMC/Gum Trag in the following amounts/colours:
- Light brown sugar paste – 134 g,
- White 50/50 sugar paste/flower paste mix – 10 g,
- Red 50/50 sugar paste/flower paste mix – 6 g,
- Black flower paste – 1 g,
- Pink flower paste – 2 mm ball,
- Green flower paste – 1 g ball,
- Yellow flower paste – 5 mm ball
- Ball tool, Bone tool, Dresden tool, Xacto Knife, Blade tool, Medium round brush (glue), Small round brush (glue), Skewer – 8 cm
- rolling pin
- flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container and padding to take him/her home
This is what we made last month. Love Crumb Avenue!!
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville