Wednesday, October 19, 2016 is our next guild meeting.
And it’s going to be a fun one!
Silikomart and Icing Smiles have generously sponsored this month’s meeting.
Silikomart has sent a package of Wonder Cakes Tricot Mix and a lovely Tricot Decor Slim Baroc silicone mat that creates sugar laces for us to play with and to give away at the end of the meeting. We have some tips from Joshua John Russell for getting perfect tricot mix consistency every time. Lace is really popular these days in the cake world and this makes it so easy!
Icing Smiles has sent a set of cute Cake Addict buttons that will be given away to one lucky member as a thank you for contributing to the Guild cookbook. (only paid members are eligible for draws)
And just to change things up this month the second half of the meeting will be a real treat! I don’t want to spill the beans but since it’s Halloween this month I figured we need to make something to suit the season.
Please bring the following to make a Halloween treat if you wish to participate (and we hope you do!):
- 50/50 with a 1/4 tsp. of Tylose/CMC/Gum Trag in pale grey- 150g
- gum paste/flower paste- 3g white, 2g black, 1g blue
- rolling pin
- flat rolling surface
- x-acto knife, dresden tool, ball tools, tiny paint brush for details
- some piping tips #3 to #12 to cut small circles or a small circle cutter set
- small rose petal cutter set if you have one or a teardrop cutter set
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container and padding to take him/her home (that’s all I am going to say)
This is what we made last month. Thanks Paula!
Paula very generously donated the money for supplies to Lea Bear’s Go Fund Me. And our members topped up the kitty and we are so thankful. Lea has had her surgery and is doing well.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville