Wednesday, July 19, 2017 is our next guild meeting.
July is about flowers that look like fabric for your cakes. Becky Sharman has generously given us two tutorials for making Fabric Flowers. We also have a couple of treats to give away to paid members only. Aren’t they gorgeous? Thanks Becky!
Please bring the following and have some fun:
- Gum paste
- Rolling pin
- Knife/cutting tool
- Palette knife
- Paper doilies (at least 2 larger ones)
- Finished sugar brooches (at least 2)
- Broderie Anglais cutters, or piping tips (round and petals)
- Flower formers (shallow cup ones, medium to large)
- Circle cutters (1 – 2″)
- Petal dust (your choice), gold hi-lighter
- Foam Paint brush
- Also your basic modelling tools such as glue etc and a box to take them home.
There are some new sugar paste recipes on the website under the Confectionery category and I will be adding more plus a post on how to use them all.
There will be no meeting in August. We can still get together if anyone would like to.
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like.
Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville