Wednesday, April 20, 2016 is our next guild meeting. And it’s going to be a fun one!
Rainbow Dust has generously sponsored this month’s meeting. They have sent a sample of their wonderful food safe markers for us to try.
Here is a little bit about the product-
DOUBLE-SIDED PROFESSIONAL FOOD PENS
Our food pens are available in 23 vibrant colours, are quick drying and are unique against most other food pens as these pens are double sided, one side has a fine 0.5mm tip which is suitable for fine work, writing, detail on sugar flowers and facial features on icing models. The opposite end of the pen has a 2.5 mm thicker nib is suitable for creating messages and pictures on icing.
They are easy to use for the novice and professional cake decorator and are brilliant for children to use and get involved in cake decorating. They can be used on iced cookies and designs can be embossed onto sugar paste or flower paste using any shape cutter or detailed plastic embossers, leave to dry for at least 24 hours then your piece can be coloured in using the edible pens.
Doesn’t that sound like something you should have in your toolbox?
We will try a little edible marker colouring while you are here.
Please bring the following:
- Rainbow Dust Pens (and any other edible markers you have, any/all colours)
- Golf ball size of fondant with some tylose mixed in
- Small rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Your best colouring happy face
Jaime Ho of Wicked Little Cake Company has given us an illustrated tutorial for this project.
The second part of the meeting will a sugar flower session! Lorrie will be teaching you how to make an easy Lily of the Valley. This flower is just about ready to pop out of the ground here and is beautiful on spring cakes of all kinds.
Please bring the following if you wish to participate (and we hope you do!)
- 24 g white wires (green will work)
- 28g or 30g white wires
- wire cutters, needle-nose pliers
- green 1/4″ floral tape (or you can cut the regular size)
- green gum paste (one that doesn’t take forever to dry)
- white gum paste (one that doesn’t take forever to dry)
- rolling pin
- grooved board
- dark green and medium green dust
- yellow dust
- dusting brushes
- cel pin (or smallest Wilton gum paste rolling pin, or toothpick etc)
- piece of floral foam to stand flowers up in while working and to take them home
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- medium blossom cutter from the PME set (image below) or a small one from the pink Wilton set or the medium one from the old Wilton green kit
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions,whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville