Wednesday, February 15, 2017 is our next guild meeting.
For February we will be having a fondant testing meeting. We have package of strawberry dooz-z-doh by Virgin Ice. And a package of Renshaw fondant. Do you have another brand of fondant we should be testing? Bring it and we will give you our honest opinions and pit it up against the Virgin Ice and Renshaw. We also have a tiny shoe cutter to give away to a paid member.
Feeling daffy? I am…
So, it is still kind of cold here (kind of cold??? who am I kidding???) and I thought we needed to remember what was to come. April showers bring May flowers. Never mind that it’s only mid-February. It’s a short month. Let’s make some Daffodils. Please bring the following and have some fun:
These will be wired.
- 18, 22, 24g white or green wires
- wire cutters, needle-nose pliers
- daffodil petal/cup/leaf cutters if you have them (Wilton green kit has great ones)
- oasis floral block and egg crate foam
- green 1/4″ floral tape in case you are ready to tape
- small yellow stamens if you have them
- pale to dark yellow gum paste- 2 to 3″ ball
- pale to medium orange gum paste if you like
- light to medium green gum paste – 2 to 3″ ball
- rolling pin
- dresden tool, frilling tool, smaller cel pins
- ball tool- M/L
- exacto knife
- foam pad and a thick foam pad if you have one
- plastic petal protector/flap board/saran to cover WIP
- grooved board or just a flat rolling surface
- your standard kit- shortening, gum glue, cornstarch, cutting wheel, gum brush
- container to take them home
I’m available to help including the basics if that’s what you need. Please don’t skip the meeting because you think we know more than you do. It’s how you learn and how we learn. And I know you have something to teach us!
Bring show and tell, questions, whatever you like. Got something to demo? We love you. Go for it.
If you are not yet a member, you may attend for $5.00
*******Please email Lorrie to RSVP your attendance.*******
Meeting is at the usual place:
46 Innesbrook Court, Stittsville